Organize Your Refrigerator

Tips to help you ogranize your Refrigerator. Post your ideas.

A healthy and stress-free life can start in your kitchen. Here are 4 steps to getting your refrigerator organized.

TOSS. Immediately toss out any food that is spoiled, has an expired date, is unidentifiable or that nobody in your family is ever going to want again. The same goes for the freezer.

CLEAN. Moving your items from one shelf to the next, empty off each shelf one at a time and wipe clean. Scrape off any leftover bits of food and wipe up any spills. Do the same for the interior refrigerator door and drawers.

CATEGORIZE. Designate shelves for different categories. Milk, juice and soda bottles on the top shelf. Foods ready to eat (leftovers or foods that need no cooking) on the second shelf. Unprepared foods that need to be cooked on the third shelf. Soda cans and heavy items on the bottom shelf. Veggies and fruits in the produce drawer. Condiments on the interior door.

CLEAR OFF THE OUTSIDE. Remove all loose papers from the outside of your refrigerator. Toss out anything that is outdated. Put coupons into a coupon organizer. Recipes you're definitely going to prepare, should be placed in a recipe file. Place other papers into a Tickler File or a filing cabinet.

About The Author:

by Maria Gracia - Get Organized Now!

Want to get organized? Get your FREE Get Organized Now! Idea-Pak, filled with tips and ideas to help you organize your home, your office and your life, at the Get Organized Now! Web site

To help keep things organized in my refrigerator, so that my husband can find what he needs, I keep a couple small shallow baskets on the bottom shelf. I put all the small containers of mustard, soy sauce, jellies, hot sauce, etc. in these baskets. They can be pulled out to check the contents. This leaves me just enough room between them to store an extra carton of eggs.

I store leftovers in the fridge in covered plastic containers. I always stick a piece of masking tape on the top and write the date and the contents on the tape. It helps avoid leftovers being forgotten until they turn green.

By Harlean

I just stumbled on a website with the coolest new idea. You can get a bunch of frames in different colored sheets that really organized the front of my fridge. I don't know if they're in stores yet. is the web site.

I take all my kids juice boxes/yogurts/puddings/etc. and put them in the crispers so that saves space.

I use cheap plastic baskets from the $1 store for all the condiments. I never use my shelves on the door because I heard food will spoil from the door being opened all the time.

And for the front of the fridge - you can find cute colored frames @ Walgreens or any other drugstore. It does make the front of yr fridge look cuter.

I just produced a video on organizing your pantry and refrigerator. You can see the video on the following link.

Susan Stewart

Perfectly Placed

Do you need help getting your life organized? Sign up for free tips at the Perfectly Placed website.

I just went on this site and I can't get any sound on it. I've checked my speaker cords, the volume buttons etc and still nothing. signed 'can't read lips but pictures are good'!

No really, Ernai.

Well, it really helps if you have your speakers plugged into the correct hole doesn't it?

When I last cleaned my refrigerator, I realized that I have a problem with spills and things in the back of shelves which were forgotten. I have a number of trays and put all my items on trays in the refrigerator. That way, if I have a spill, I just have to clean a tray. Also, it makes it easy to get to the items in the back. Each shelf has a tray.

An open refrigerator.
Organizing Your Refrigerator
Organizing Freezer and FridgeAugust 31, 2005
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Refrigerator Door
Testing a Refrigerator Seal