BirthdayParties

Birthday Party Suggestions For a Boy Who Loves Trucks, Tractors and Animals

My son loves trucks, tractors, and animals. I am having trouble deciding what to do for his birthday that is at the end of June. I am willing to do either an indoor or outdoor party. I would love some suggestions.

Keri

My sister's son, who just turned 3, also loves trucks and tractors. She had an outdoor party for him that was so much fun! She had a load of dirt hauled in and dumped on their driveway. She borrowed traffic cones and construction barrels, as well as a front end loader, to decorate the drive. She bought inexpensive dump trucks and shovels, which went home with the guests as party favors, and plastic hard hats. The kids spent a fun-filled afternoon playing in the dirt, while the parents sat in lawn chairs and visited. Everyone enjoyed a birthday cake shaped like a dump truck. It was too cute! Bonus: after the party, the dirt was used to fill in low spots in my sister's lawn.

My suggestion for an activity is to have the kids decorate animal and truck shaped sugar cookies or do a scavenger(easter egg type) hunt in a bunch of hay. You may be able to find barn/farm themed decorations at a party shop.

Loved the bucket and shovel idea. Do your own sheet cake. Using Decorator icing (on here as well) do the sides brown and swirl green icing on top for grass. Buy a $1 plastic bag of farm animals, fence, horses etc. Let your imagination go wild! Sharon, Ky