Money for a Class Reunion

Does anyone know if your high school graduating class should have money for reunions setting somewhere within the school budget? My high school did fundraising for things like prom, and I am not sure if the left over $$ goes to the school, or if I can start a class reunion get together without tapping into my own pocket.

Dede from Macon, MO

My high school class had an account with some money in it leftover from the fundraising. I think our class president kept track of the account. Anyway, we used it for projects done by/donated by our class and for class reunions.

However, I know this money was not held in account by the school district.

In general schools do not have any money for class reunions. You are on your own. After all, you are all adults and should be able to afford some start up costs for postage and so on. For the actual reunion, plan a budget, and charge a fee to the people who come for the costs.

I have planned a 10 year, 20 year, and 30 year class reunions. We paid for it ourselves. I don't think it is appropriate to fundraise for a function such as this.

Holidays and Parties Parties SchoolNovember 20, 2008
Extended Family Portrait
Starting a Family Reunion Tradition
Woman with Gag Gift for Family Reunion
Gag Gifts for Family Reunion
A man teaching a computer class.
Teaching a Computer Class
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion