Poem "Master Do Not Cry for Me"

By Mom 1 1

There is a poem I think it is from Europe. It's something beautiful, "Master do not cry for me". Do you know where I can find it? It helped me so much to say goodbye to my dog. My baby.

By Mom from SC

Showing: Answers Sort

By R Barbara 145 47 Flag

I believe this may be the poem you are looking for:

Do not cry for me, my master

The sun is warm,

The grass is soft,

The water is cool and sweet

Do not cry for me, my master

I play with others,

The joy and strength of my youth restored

Do not cry for me, my master

Weep instead for the unloved, the unwanted,

For I was neither

Do not cry for me, my master

Remember the love that bonded us

And keep it in your heart

Do not cry for me, my master

Unless they are the tears of joy,

On the day we are reunited

Copyright 1998, Dillon Pyron

I hope this is the right one.

Barbara, Thrifty Fun Staff

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mom 1 1 Flag

Barbara Bless your heart this is not the poem but it is equally as beautiful. The poem I am looking for:

Master do not cry for me as I am in the wind

the mist on the shore. Something like that I cant

remember the hole thing but I knew my Domino lived on..

Thank you so much here is a picture of my Bosley He is a retired Therapy dog he has loved well, and helped heal many little children in group therapy.

Sincerely Mary Anne & Bosley Mac Gregor

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

I am not sure if you can find what you're looking for here but even if not please at least have your speakers on because the words in the background of this link are absolutely perfect for the photo of your baby at the beaches edge!

http://www.funeralhelper.org/funeral-quotes/death-quotes-from-poetry.html

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary 17 87 Flag

There is also a poem, A Dog's Prayer by Beth Norman Harris, that I think is beautiful and has helped my during the loss of a pet:

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside... for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land... for you are my god... and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

--Beth Norman Harris

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Maryeileen 76 1,143 Flag

The Rainbow Bridge is also a nice poem.

Rainbow Bridge

(Author Unknown)

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to

omeone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are

meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can

run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and

unshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to

health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made

whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our

dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and

content, except for one small thing, they each miss someone

very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run

and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops

and looks into the distance. His/her bright eyes are intent;

his/her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly s/he begins to

run from the group, flying over the green grass, his/her legs

carrying him/her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend

meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted

again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again

caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting

eyes of your pet, so long gone form your life but never absent

from your heart.

Then together you and your special pet cross the Rainbow Bridge.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Annie Rios Hill 14 1,776 Flag

Oh these were lovely and I just dried my tears! I remembered my beloved Barney a German Shepard that we had from puppy til he died. These poems were very touching I hope they helped MOM in SC.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Pets AdviceNovember 28, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Daddy's Changing Diaper
Daddy's Diaper Dooty Poem
Pink baby footprint.
Craft Ideas Using Baby Footprints
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 5:03:47 PM on 10.0.2.141 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings