Low Fat Recipes

Any one have any good low-fat recipes?

Joyce from Jane Lew, WV

Salsa Chicken for 2

salsa 2 small or 1 large jar (your favorite)

chicken tenders enough to cover bottom of skillet

salt and pepper tenders

spray skillet with pam

cook tenders on medium heat just until they look cooked*

add salsa and simmer on low

check doneness by picking out biggest tender , cut and make sure all of pink is gone

serve over 2 cups instant rice

*look cooked is beige colored chicken

the secret to this is not to overcook the chicken

overcooked chicken is rubber chicken

watch chicken dont walk away

In my opinion, we just cannot improve upon what the Creator of Heaven and Earth designed for His humans to eat in the Garden of Eden. Fresh or frozen is absolutely the best, better than all our recipes which usually lead me into richer/saltier foods/snacks/drink that I don't need.

For all of the recipe books, articles I've spent time mulling/imagining over, fretted about fats and research/health issues/pleasing my family in the past, I wish now that I had only a fraction of the time I spent in the kitchen/books/grocery/sink to

reevaluate and replace with what I know now.

So, when I buy groceries, I think about "Eden" foods,

"veggies, fruits, grains, herbs, salads, a little spice,

and a small amount of meat", which just turns out to be the very best for preventing weight gain, poor health, and discomfort for me. Additionally, I have

learned that deep breathing is just wonderful to help

oxygenate the existing fat cells helping them to release the stored fat for my energy and steady work each day.

I also learned to shrink my stomach with lime water

and to eat a very moderate amount of fresh food/snack/drink every few hours, rather than filling my stomach two-three times a day.

If I sort of pretend that all the other things in the grocery just don't exist, are not options, such as all

the pre-packaged mixes/so-called "helpers", it makes chosing much easier.

I watched my obese grandmother, prior to her death,

literally worship food, smacking, drooling, licking her

fingers, getting seconds, eating and sampling even prior to setting the table, always talking about foods,

showing everyone how much money she'd saved with hoards of food in closets, shelves, pantry, boxes. I

observed the same thing with an obese friend who has literally eaten herself out of house, home and health. So, I searched for low-fat, low-sugar, low-salt,

low-carbs, and wound up with low-taste, low-incentive,

low-energy, low-behavior, and low-weight loss for all

the years of my efforts.

Hope this helps someone to think about just returning to simple, lightly seasoned, fresh from the garden, well-balanced meals, snacks, and especially in their cooking, and enjoy life even more than ever before as a reward, as I have. God bless you. : )

I have found if you type "low fat recipes" into a search engine such as Google, or Ask.com, you will be amazed at how many good websites will pop up for you to look at. I have found some really good ones this way.

Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Low FatJanuary 21, 2007
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Protein Powder
Low Carb Low Protein Powder for Breakfast Shakes
Healthy grille cheese with tomatoes.
Low Fat Grilled Cheese Recipes
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes