"Bonus Time" at Cosmetic Counters

Here's my tip for getting more for your money when it comes to purchasing makeup during the bonus times at the cosmetic counter. For instance, I try to only buy my foundation from Clinique when they are having the bonus buy time. But because my product falls just a few dollars short of the required amount to get the free bonus bag of goodies, a consultant once told me to just purchase the dollar pencil sharpener to raise up my total. Depending on the amount of the sharpener, you may have to buy two or so.

For me, this is really helpful. I don't wear much makeup and the small samples/travel sizes are plenty for me, especially to experiment with. I don't know if this would work at all the counters but it's worth trying. For me, it's worth it to pay two dollars to get the bag and goodies - far less than I would pay if I decided to try out a full size product in any store, including the discount stores.

By Denise from Nebraska

This is a great tip! By the way, it seems the minimum amount I have to spend to qualify for the bonus has steadily increased over the years I've been using Clinique. Buying one thing isn't enough unless that one thing is one of their most expensive products. Thanks!

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingOctober 10, 2007
Cleaning Formica
Body Glitter
Making Homemade Body Glitter
cat on a kitchen counter
Keeping Cats Off Counters
Cleaning Silestone (Quartz) Countertop
Cleaning Silestone (Quartz) Countertop
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 15, 2016 at 10:34:38 PM on in 936 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.