No Sew Curtain and Drapery Patterns

Hope this isn't a dumb question - can you buy curtain/drapery patterns that do not require sewing? I ask because I know a lady (not well) who made some curtains for her workplace. She said she cut them out of fabric and then used fabric adhesive(?) or binder she ironed on, no sewing involved. I don't know if she "free-handed" them, or if she went by a pattern. Does anyone have any experience with this and can elaborate on how it is done? Thanks a bunch!

Brenda from Greenville, AL

I made a curtain for my bathroom window with just a piece of fabric that I cut to size and glued lace on the bottom. I then took ribbons and glued loops on the top to hang it on the curtain rod.

Look at They have those.

you could use your pattern and close the seams with hemming tape or glue. anyplace that has a good supply of sewing notions should have the hemming tape. its like the iron on pelon in strips, some even come in tape dispensers. you just iron it between the layers of material at the hems or even seams. there are fabric glues too that are great for no-sew projects. i found a cashmere sweater at a discount store that still had the tag on it for $300. the sweater had a tiny hole at the neckline. i used the glue and some fuzz from the inside of the sweater to close the hole. i knew my daughters long hair would cover any repairs and it was a great bargain for the sweater @ $1 and the glue @ $3.

I have taken bed sheets and clipped cafe rings on the top and hung them. Easy, you can always find sheets that are the same color or pattern, almost always there are some on clearance, and you do not have to sew.

Crafts SewingSeptember 13, 2006
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Curtain Rod
Making Your Own Curtain Rods
A sewing machine foot with pink thread sewing pink fabric.
Learning How to Sew
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain