AdviceDecorating

Hanging Lightweight Wooden Carving

I have a 5' L x 1/4in carved piece I have sanded and finished. It is light in weight and I want to hang it as a cornice in my kitchen bay window. I don't want to nail it to the shelf over the window as I don't want to put nails in it. Since it is light in weight I considered velcro. Are there any other suggestions as to how to hang this from the shelf edging? Mahalo

Jo Ann from Hauula, HI

How about sticky Velcro?

How about screwing a long L-shaped metal hook into the window molding, to support each end of the board? If the board is 12" wide, you'd put the hooks 12" from the top of the window molding. You could use some velcro to secure it.