Has Anyone Used DMSO?

Does anyone have any experience with DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide)? I have recently bought some and have been trying a little of it. I was wondered if anyone here has ever tried it and did it help or hurt? Thanks.

Christine from San Pedro

Use of this product is generally administered by a physician, maybe you should consult a doctor before using it further.

if people waited for doctors to help us, there would be a lot more pain & suffering than there already is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyl_sulfoxide#Safety

My dad used it quite a bit in the 80's and 90's. I am not sure if he still does. He would put it on a cotton swab and rub on his wrist, which had been broken and had developed arthritis. He swears by it. As his daughter I hated it, it made his breath smell like asparagus overload. It was gross. Made him feel better though.

Yes, I've used it off/on for about 35yrs. It has helped me & my daughters tremendously. My daughters were Cheerleaders (one:12yrs; one: 10yrs) and complained to me about their wrist & ankles hurting from all the back handsprings. It givesvery quick relief.

Applied too much, it will itch like crazy; just rinse with water for relief. Applied for more than 3 days, your body will permeate a 'garlic' odor...(skip some days). Physicians won't apply it; not even a Veterinarian...the AMA doesn't approve. Sport Coaches have used it for years for sprain relief, etc. Your skin has to be clean, if not, DMSO will 'draw' the contaminants into the body. Coaches used to sprinkle pulverized Aspirin on injury, then DMSO.

DMSO is NOT a 'Big Pharm' product; so forget it being administered by the AMA!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=use+of+dmso&aq=f&oq=

DMSO is great if you use it right. Don't ask a Doctor they will turn up there nose at it since they want you to keep coming back to them. I use it when i need it mix 1/2 dmso & 1/2 water . Apply it to the area you need it at. Just make sure you wash the area is clean & your hands. I never dry the area or my hands before i use it cause it pulls what ever is on the towel into you too. Ask me I know the same way with my Vitamins & herbs when I asked a doctor about them. Use it wisely.

Take care

I forgot to tell you make sure it is 99.9% pure dmso when mixing it.

60 minutes (I think) had a huge report on this many years ago-try their archives

Apparenlty it is cheap and effective--so not widely prescribed or used! Haha

This is good feedback, thank you all. The one about the doctors sticking their noses up at various things that often really help, is true of many things. They will often give you anti-depressants, which cause their own sets of problems, when you are just exhausted or truly fatigued from things being out of wack in your body. If they don't understand something, have never heard of it, or weren't taught it in med school, it doesn't exist. There's an old saying, goes..."what's the difference between doctors & God? God doesn't think he's a doctor".

Doctors will not prescribe ANY substance UNLESS manufactured by 'Big Pharm'... they have to have 'Big Pharm's' deep pockets to bring into the Court Rm. for malpractice law suits. What is worse is that the FDA is in bed with Big Pharm.

Here here!

Christine....please take a moment to read the "cautions" on Physician's Desk Reference. Other folk's experiences are great for symptoms & dosages. This is why I love ThriftyFun :D

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drugs/altm ... Dimethyl+Sulfoxide&contentId=607

I have never taken (consumed) DMSO....only applied to the skin externally.... presently I have it on my hands along with Castor Oil. I would be hesitant to actually take a teaspoon or worse, a tablespoon internally (I have used solvents to cleanse myself of paints, etc., but I'd never 'dose' it down....

I did not mean to take it internally. I meant using it on the outside of the body on sore or inflamed parts; like with arthritis or tendinitis. I would not take anything like this inside.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJanuary 27, 2009
Man Tuning His Guitar
Tuning a Guitar
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Cleaning eyeglasses with a cloth.
Cleaning Eyeglasses
🎄
🍂