Patchwork Skirt

I'm submitting this for my sister. Suddenly she found herself babysitting her 5 year old granddaughter and needed some activities to keep her occupied. I told her about a craft I had seen here making a beach bag out of old tank tops.

She cleaned out her closet and dusted off the sewing machine and came up with a skirt for the little one made of old jeans and t-shirts. She drew squares on the shirt and jeans and let her help cut it out and very quickly came up with the new outfit. Nothing fancy, but for play it is terrific, and Faith had a ball learning to sew, she's a big girl now.

By Peggy from Cortland, OH

Very good idea, thanks for sharing, good luck.

Do you have the pattern and would you be willing to share it with an absolute beginner? I would love to do this with my girls over the summer holiday.

Patchwork Skirt
Making a Patchwork Skirt
Crafts SewingMarch 17, 2010
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
Nine patch block and tools for quilting.
Making a Patchwork Quilt
Quick and Easy Skirt
Making a Quick and Easy Skirt
Uses for Pillowcases, Yellow Pillowcase Skirt
Making a Pillowcase Skirt