Making a Patchwork Skirt

Category Sewing
Patchwork is not just a quilting technique, you can make a wide variety of clothing items based on patchwork pieced fabric. This is a guide about making a patchwork skirt.

I'm submitting this for my sister. Suddenly she found herself babysitting her 5 year old granddaughter and needed some activities to keep her occupied. I told her about a craft I had seen here making a beach bag out of old tank tops.

She cleaned out her closet and dusted off the sewing machine and came up with a skirt for the little one made of old jeans and t-shirts. She drew squares on the shirt and jeans and let her help cut it out and very quickly came up with the new outfit. Nothing fancy, but for play it is terrific, and Faith had a ball learning to sew, she's a big girl now.

By Peggy from Cortland, OH

Very good idea, thanks for sharing, good luck.

Do you have the pattern and would you be willing to share it with an absolute beginner? I would love to do this with my girls over the summer holiday.