Browsing: Saving Money on Paper

Reusing the Other Side of Paper

Don't throw away computer paper that has been used on one side! My kids love to use this paper for drawing, etc. Also, I use the paper in my computer printer when I print out things like grocery lists, eBay transactions, test print pages, etc. This save a lot of money and trees!

By Angela

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Great! We do this too, but one caveat. This is a great idea if you have an inkjet printer, but if you have a laserjet, it's a really bad idea because the ink on the paper can melt and adhere to the roller, thus killing the printer. Inkjects print by spraying ink on, rather than adhering it via heat, so you can safely reuse paper in them.

I use mine as scrap paper to write notes on. I cut them in half and put them beside my computer.

I've been doing this for years. Some of the paper I cut up for scrap paper and others I keep in a drawer to be run through the printer to print coupons and such. Absolutely no reason to pitch paper that still has some use.

Fanning Colorful Paper
Saving Money on Paper
Better Living Green Living ReusingAugust 24, 2004
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Pied Piper Costume
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 15, 2016 at 6:17:19 AM on 10.0.0.109 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.