Jumbo Glue Sticks

yvonneboop

I have several boxes of non-usable (no longer tacky) colorations jumbo glue sticks. I've been racking my brain about how I can recycle container and/or glue stuff. Most of the boxes are unopened so it seems like such a waste to just trash them but I can't use them for their intended purpose. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I work with preschool age children so some type of craft for young children would be a bonus.

Thanks

Hi Yvonne,

I've looked everywhere I can think of and haven't found any uses. The only thing I can think of is to clean them out and then melt beeswax to pour into them for waxing thread or possibly something like that.

You could also clean them out poke a hole in the top, wrap them with paper and decorate them as Christmas ornaments.

May not work. Good luck finding something. I'm assuming they are just like the small glue sticks containers only bigger. Basically plastic tubes with tops. If not, let us know and we'll keep looking.

- Susan

Hi Yvonne,

Those glue sticks would make great desktop pen holders. Just discard the tops, clean them out, put decorative paper on them and hot glue several of them together standing up. Tie raffia or ribbon around them. They would make nice gifts.

Faye

I would contact the manufacturer for suggestions. If they are very old I would not elaborate when I called or wrote; if asked you can answer honestly. See if they have any suggestions. Who knows, they may send you a coupon for some new ones.

One thing is for sure, if you don't ask you don't get! The fact that you have some, is an indication that you may be a valued customer now and in the future.

- Syd

Thank you for your suggestions. I will definitely try the pen holder and christmas ornaments. My first thought was to contact manufacturer but I was unsuccessful in finding any info on them.

If you can get them clean enough why not make some lip gloss and put it in the tube the glue is in. You could decorate the outside and add to a "beauty basket"

Stanlie

Cinnamon Sticks
Buying Cinnamon Sticks
Paint Stir Stick
Uses for Paint Stir Sticks
Glow Sticks
Using Glow Sticks
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
🎄