Removing Paint Dust On Clothing

How does one clean paint off shorts. I was outside with a nephew, I closed a barn door and the paint brushed off on my shorts. It is not wet paint, the barn has not been painted in a few years. It's like paint dust.

Cindy from OK

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I'd try a stiff bruch first. If that doesn't work, you may be able to remove the paint with either rubbing alcohol if it's latex, or mineral spirits if it's oil-based. Use a clean cloth and work it in then blot it off. Test a less noticible area first...it may affect your fabric. Rinse off and then launder.

When I've had problem spots in the past I've

rubbed Fels Naptha bar soap into it and just

washed as usual. Has worked for me for many

different things....even works on rubbings from

the old aluminum siding powder.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 5, 2008
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
changing break pads
Removing Brake Dust from Clothing
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:42:31 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.