Permanently Mark Used Batteries

With the price of batteries and the holidays around the corner, we all could use a tip to save money and batteries. All battery operated items do not use the same amount of power. At times, I would start to install new batteries to discover I have mixed old batteries with the new. I would try to get the new batteries in the item, then discard the old batteries. To solve this problem: Before removing the old batteries, I would us a bright permanent marker to put an identifying mark to know that the batteries were on the second round. I would use the batteries in an item that used less power. In most cases, I have discovered you can go at least two rounds with one set of batteries. I hope this can be as helpful for someone else.

By Diane from Myrtle Beach, SC

Editor's Note: Make sure you recycle old batteries rather than throw them away. Check with your local waste management company. Some stores have battery and lightbulb recycling.

How do you know which items use less power? I assume they all use the same.

Most alkaline batteries can be recharged several times, extending their useful life cosiderably! You need to invest in an alkaline charger, or try using your NiCd or NiMH charger.

Several different sized batteries.
Organizing Batteries
Organizing MiscellaneousOctober 22, 2008
Getting More Life from Batteries
Getting More Life from Batteries
Recycling Car Batteries, old battery
Recycling Car Batteries
Swiffer Wet Jet
Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Homemade Lip Plumper
Homemade Lip Plumper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 5:18:06 AM on in 940 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.