Increasing Natural Light In My Basement

I am looking for a way in increase natural light at a basement window under a deck. Any ideas?

Marian from Westminster. MD

Be sure to leave curtains or window coverings OFF that window. Nobody can see you -- it's under the deck! Also I saw on an HGTV show a little window box under the inside of the window. It it are hidden lights which shine up (not super bright) and give the iillusion of more daylight.

Also I saw in a Pottery Barn catalog a mirror that was actually many mirrors in a square grid, sectioned off as if they were window panes. In fact, in the catalog photo it looks like a window. Pottery Barn is expensive, but if you are creative, I bet you could make something similar.

Good luck, basements are hard. I know, I'm always trying to get more light into mine.

I had a dark apartment last year & I utilized whatever light there was by putting up decorative mirrors everywhere. I have never had so many mirrors in my life...Check to see how the light comes in and arrange your mirrors to bounce the light into the room...

Home and Garden Home Improvement Helpful HintsApril 21, 2007
Organized Basement
Organizing and Cleaning the Basement
Finishing a Basement
Finishing a Basement
Bucket catching leak.
Cleaning Up a Water Leak in Basement
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows