Bamboo Wigwam for Climbing Plants

A handy gadget I've created is based on something I once saw in a catalog that joined bamboo poles together at the top to create a wigwam for vine plants. The company wanted almost $7.00 for a pair so I made my own by using margarine tub tops.

I punched holes with a single hole puncher around the edge of the top. Depending on what kind of vining plant I use and how many stakes are needed, I punch 3 to 5 holes. Then slip the hole-punched tub top over one end of each of the stakes and spread them out to create the wigwam.

Push the bottom ends into the soil a couple inches to secure them. Depending on how thick your stakes are, you may have to enlarge the hole a bit by cutting 3 or four small slits around the punched hole.

By JoAnn S.

Sounds great! You have pictures?

Misty :)

"You have pictures?"

Yep, but not with anything growing on it yet...too early.

Thanks for posting photos! It looks great! I cannot wait until spring to give it a try. :)

Misty in Ohio

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersFebruary 4, 2009
Upclose picture of bamboo flooring.
Cleaning Bamboo Flooring
Selling Bamboo
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"
Bamboo Palm in white pot.
Bamboo Palm Plant Care