Preventing Rust and Maintaining Your Garden Tools
Here's a list of tips to help keep your garden tools in good condition.
- Clean your tools well after every use.
- Store your tools somewhere dry and off the ground.
- Keep a towel where you store your tools so you can dry them off before you store them.
- Before you put tools away for the winter put some linseed oil on wood handles and apply WD40 to the metal.
- Sand wood handles when they get rough to prevent splintering.
- Sharpen shovels with a file when they get dull.
- If you have a rusty tool the best bet is to remove the rust with a metal brush.
If you have any more tips, feel free to add them below.
May 19, 20050 found this helpful
You can prevent tools from rusting while you keep them in the shed or garage by keeping them embedded in a bucket of sand
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
April 19, 20070 found this helpful
A variation of the bucket of sand trick is to mix oil into the sand and pack it down. The oiled sand both protects new rust from forming and "sands" off the old, keeping tools sharp and clean.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 27, 2016 at 2:03:03 PM on 10.0.2.48 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us