Use Gift Cards for Online Shopping

With all the talk about identity theft, I have found one way to shop online and not have to worry about having my credit card number stolen.

When I shop on the internet I go out ahead of time and buy either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express gift card. They are sold in three different amounts, and they can be used online to purchase whatever you want safely.

I can now buy whatever whenever, and not worry about my credit card number being stolen. I don't use a my credit card online any more.

By Debradj from Illinois

Just so you know, too, Discover Cards have a super online program called Deskshop. What is does is generate a one-time use only number from your secured information for a purchase. It is a totally safe way to shop online. Just thought I would share. Lee

Do you go online first and calculate the taxes and shipping charges before you buy the gift card? The reason I'm asking is I would not want to have a small amount left on the card used.

It would be OK to have a small amount left on the gift card. It can be used at any walk-in store towards a purchase and any amount over what's left on the card can be paid in cash, check, whatever. Sometimes people don't realize that you can use a gift card in combo with other forms of payment. I have a friend who was actually buying packs of gum, etc., to use up small gift card balances. Not necessary!

Clever idea, love it!

Shopping Online Without a Credit Card
Shopping Online Without a Credit Card
Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersMarch 5, 2008
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards