Homemade Holiday Cards

I buy plain cards and envelopes and a stamp for my holiday cards. I use clear fixative on the stamp, stamp the card, sprinkle with glitter (usually silver) and then use a heat gun to set the design. I use a smaller stamp and do the same thing on the envelope. I have used a Victorian house stamp, a Nativity stamp, holly, garland, etc. and they all turn out very nice and professional looking. Everyone always enjoys getting these 'high-end' homemade cards! Give it a try - see what you think!

By Vickie from Phoenix, AZ

Thanks for a great idea. Last week I made some holiday cards for my family using printed papers, stickers, beads and ribbon. I'll happily add your suggestion to my idea book. I have some stamps and glitter, so I can put your idea to use right away. I'm not very creative, but can put my own take on other people's ideas. Thanks again.

What is clear fixative and where do you buy it?

I just made about 60 Christmas cards using used cards. I am a scrapbooker so I have quite a large amount of stickers and embellishments. The front of each card was cut off and glued to a blank card. I bought a pkg of blank cards with envelopes at Michaels. I left the inside blank, but you can always stamp or write a nice saying inside. Now to the front of the card I added a small embellishment. Like glitter to the snow, a ribbon, sticker, sticker popped up. They turned out beautiful.