Vanilla for Fishy Smell in Cooler

By Florence 1 2

My tip is how to get a fishy smell out of a cooler. I wash it out first with very hot soapy water and rinse well. Then I take a small lid and put about 2-3 teaspoons of vanilla in it. Place in the cooler and leave closed for a couple of days then just rinse and your cooler won't smell like fish anymore.

By Winketta from Portageville, NY

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Vanilla works great for cleaning your microwave too. I put a small bowl of water with a teaspoon of vanilla in it and zap it in the micro for 2 mins. Let it sit for 5 mins and the steam removes spatters easily and the vanilla makes it smell great.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

blue cooler
Removing Smells from Coolers
Travel and Recreation Recreation FishingMay 22, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
blue cooler
Removing Smells from Coolers
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Homemade vanilla extract in a glass bottle.
Making Vanilla Extract
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 4:26:47 PM on 10.0.2.206 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings