Place Mat to Keep Counter Clean

The white grout on my kitchen counter top is a nuisance to clean. I now put a plastic place mat on it in the two places I use for food prep - beside the coffeepot, which always drips anyway, and above the dishwasher, where I often pour, mix, etc. In the evening, when I finish other kitchen chores, I just rinse it and lay it on the drain board to dry and it's ready to grab in the AM.

Note: I still use a cutting board when needed.

By lindal from Vista, CA

I don't blame you for doing what you can do to keep your grout from staining. I had white grout once and never again. I would rather have Formica than that. Good thinking though to keep it clean.

Great idea- a real "Why didn't I think of that?"

Marg from England.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenApril 25, 2011
Purple Yoga Mat
Cleaning a Yoga Mat
Making a Candy Corn Table Mat
Making a Candy Corn Table Mat
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
🎄
🍂