Congratulations Paul and Harlean (50th Wedding Anniversary)

Harlean is a long time reader and contributor to ThriftyFun. Her craft projects appear regularly in our ThriftyFun Crafts newsletter and she generously shares her knowledge with the rest of our community via tips and feedback on requests. When her daughter Robin asked if we would be willing to post this announcement for Harlean's ThriftyFun "family", we happily agreed.

We are honored to announce the 50th Wedding Anniversary of Paul and Harlean Greathouse.

Paul J. Greathouse, son of Nellie and Harry Greathouse (step-father, Fred Zuercher) and Harlean A. Kuhse, daughter of Bernice and Harlan Kuhse, knew each other for only three weeks prior to their wedding day of June 2, 1960 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Many who knew them then said, "It won't last". Those who know them now say, "Wow!"

When Paul and Harlean first met, Paul lived in Volga, IA and Harlean lived in Elkader, IA. Paul is a graduate of Arlington High School. Harlean is a graduate of Central Community High School.

AnhBaoCu400x324.jpg

Paul owned a service station in Volga, IA, worked as a mechanic for the Ford Garage in Elkader, IA and also worked with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. Harlean was a great waitress, but she ultimately enjoyed factory work and worked at Collins Radio Company in Cedar Rapids, IA. After their marriage, Paul and Harlean worked together at Collins Radio Company.

In 1972, Paul and Harlean loaded what they could in their car (including their three children) and moved to Hot Springs, Arkansas. Harlean continued her love for factory work, working for the Shoe Factory, as well as the Timex Factory. They both worked for Oaklawn Racetrack for many years. Since the mid 1980's, they have enjoyed making beautifully hand-painted yard art and other craft items.

Harlean has also found her second love, the computer. She is like a kid with a new toy and sometimes she stays up all night working on craft patterns, scanning in her ideas, sending her inventions and creations to Thrifty Fun and others.

Paul is extremely skilled at welding, is the best you will ever find at small engine repair, and loves to work on lawn mowers, tillers, tractors, etc. You name it, he can fix it! Paul and Harlean still reside in Hot Springs. They both have a love for music and the gospel. Paul is a self-taught musician; plays the harmonica, as well as many other instruments. Harlean plays the drums. They enjoy getting together with their "music family" whenever they can.

They have three children: Scott (Teressa) Greathouse of Hot Springs, AR, Steve (Nena) Greathouse of Licking, MO, and Robin (Frank) Anderson of Layton, UT; 9 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.

AnhBaoCu400x282.jpg

Congratulations, Mom and Dad! You make us proud!

All the staff at ThriftyFun would like to wish Paul and Harlean a happy 50th anniversary. We want to express our appreciation to Harlean for all of her fantastic contributions the ThriftyFun community, and to Paul for sharing her with us!

Happy Anniversary and Thank You!

From all the staff at ThriftyFun.com

Congratulations! There aren't too many people who can boast of being married for 50 years!

Congratulations Harlen and Paul! I hope you have 50 more years of happiness together!

Congratulations Paul and Harlean with best wishes for another 50! :-)

Congratulations, Paul and Harlean. I lost my partner, almost 5 years ago, when I was expecting our lovely little girl. Thrifty fun crafts have a lot to do with whats kept me going. Thanks for all the hard work you both put in. May god bless you.

Congratulations Paul and Harlean !

I've been enjoying your wonderful crafty ideas for

several years now Harlean, and feel that you have

probably found your niche in more than one way.

You are a fine looking couple and I honestly believe

it's going to last. Don't pay a bit of attention to anything those other folks say. :)

May God Bless You Both on your 50th Anniversary

and all the days of your lives.

I think you both know you are already blessed.

Hugs,

Pookarina in Boca Raton, FL

Congratulations! Just goes to show that there is love at first sight. What a lovely story.

Congrats on the Big One. Iam an Arkie and In my ancestors there is a Greathouse grandmother. Are we related?

Congratulations on a mile stone not many others can attest to.

Salt of the earth faces. Lookin' very serene.

A big GG Hug to you both. Congratulations! We have much in common. DH and I were making Yard art for several years too. And I am a night owl. I also have AR. roots. My family came from the Evening Shade area. We were told we were too young and it wouldn't last, but it has. We just keep on keeping on don't we? Love,Commitment and Hard Work, rare these days to reach the Happy 50TH. Good for you.

My Very Best wishes for many more together.

Great Granny Vi

What a wonderful love story! Congratulations to you, Paul and Harlean, on your 50th wedding anniversary. God is good and He has blessed you with each other and a wonderful life together.

Congratulations! It is wonderful to have you as part of the TF "family"! You have a story that we can all learn from and strive for. :)

Happy 50th Anniversary and many more!

Happy anniversary you two. I thought I was doing well to have a thirtieth wedding anniversary. Your example is inspiring!

Happy Anniversary!

Congratulations! I love reading your crafts and hints. You are really special to all of us! It is easy to see why you have such a beautiful marriage and wonderful family.

Many congratulations and well done (kids today think they invented love and romance!) What an extraordinary, ordinary story

Good luck for the rest of your journey together.

Happy Anniversary

Ayesha

Congratulations Paul & Harlean!

I am very happy for the both of you and your

family!

Harlean I have been inspired by you many times

and look forward to your posts. I am happy when

I see your posts and today was happy for you

when I saw this post.

Know that you have touched many with your

kindness and your sharing. Paul sounds like

a perfect match for you. You are truly blessed.

May you both enjoy many more happy years.

Annie

Columbia, MO

Congratulations to you both. It's wonderful to read "success" stories such as yours and inspiring to those of us who are peddlng as fast as we can behind you. I hope you share your special day with all those you love and have lots of good things to eat.

God Bless You Both.

ww

I want to thank all who shared our special day by sending beautiful messages. I have printed them off, and my daughter-in-law put them on a special ThriftyFun page in the scrapbook that she made for me. And a very special "Thank you" to the "Thrifty Fun Family" for posting the announcement.Our children gave us the most awesome party on Wednesday. They came a long distance to do this for us. My daughter, Robin and her husband, Frank flew in from Layton, Utah, and our son Steve and his wife Nena drove down from Licking, Missouri. Our oldest son Scott, and his wife Teressa live in the same town that we do....Hot Springs, Arkansas.

One page of my beautiful scrapbook is dozens of sayings regarding marriage, and one of my favorites there was this: Love doesn't make the world go round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

Thanks again for all your well wishes! What a wonderful celebration we had!

Harlean from Arkansas

Congratulations on your 50th. We enjoyed reading your bio.

Will & Mag

NewsJune 2, 2010
50th Anniversary Gift Box
50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
Anniversary Date
Planning a Wedding Anniversary Date
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
🎄
🍂