Buying Bargain Books

I always look at the bargain tables at the major book chains, like Barnes and Noble, for deals on books for presents - especially when they are marked down to less than $5! (They also have deals on journals, stationery items, CDs, etc.) A nice crisp book is always appropriate. (They have kid's books, too!)

By pam from Los Angeles

I discovered several months ago a website to purchase used books. I have used it many times and have never been disappointed. Most of the times the books are hardly worn and a few times they look as new. Its most books are one penny and the shipping for the first book is $3.49 and $2.59 for each other book in that order. I love it

Another place to buy books is the Friends of the Library book sales at various local libraries. The money they make from these books benefits the library. The Friends will take most donated books, both paperback and hardcover, for these sales. I've gotten some really good bargains at these sales! Ask about them at your local library.

The libraries also have books that you can download/borrow to your "kindle" type reader. All it take is a library card with a pin number. Some can be downloaded at home from your PC.

Saving Money On Books, Stacks of old books at a flea market or used book sale.
Saving Money On Books
Better Living Frugal Living AdviceJuly 19, 2006
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Study Table With Books
Decorating With Books