Cockroach Repellents

Can someone advise a safe remedy to repel cockroaches?

Cathy From Greece

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

When I was in the military, and living in base housing, people would sprinkle boric acid along the edges of their walls (inside the house). Because there are a lot of people constantly moving in and out from all over the world in base housing, roaches were a common problem. Boric acid is an eye wash you can find at the drug store.

Yesterday's Thrifty Fun had the following link:

http://www.kvbc  ;nav=menu107_2_7

Just a note to let you know that I am trying the coffee in a jar as shown on the link.

I'd be very interested in knowing how others find it.

I will tell u what is good and that is Raid it comes in a tube and it cost 9 dollars and all u do is put a little dab were u see roach dropping they will come out and eat it go back to the den and die were the other roches will eat off them its called a domino affect and believe me it dose work i wont use anythink else and i live in the contry and i get what we call wood roches they are big and if it kills them it will kill the ones u got , u can get it in Wal- Marts

Not sure about roaches but we have had boreing wheat bugs. They are small and every bit as pleasant as a roach. Left alone they 'take over'.. Someone told me to take whole bay leaves and spread them around where the wheat bugs were. BINGO... I now keep bay leaves in all my cupboards, in the corners of my counters and basically all over the house. It might be worth a try for roaches. Try one area and if it remains roach free, expand. Good luck

I agree with Andi6...I managed resident hotels in San Francisco and Boric Acid is the repellent that was always used! It works!

The best way to avoid cockroaches, tried and proven,is with bay leaves. I keep a bay leaf on each shelf in my kitchen and in each drawer I have never seen a cockroach. Even when the leaves are completely brown and brittle, because I have forgotten to change them ,they still work. They are relatively inexpensive, found in your grocery store and safe for just about anyone, except the cockroaches!

Boric Acid. It is sold under the brand name Roach Away at the Walmart. You just squirt the powder in the crevices,under ovens, refridgerators, window sills and door entryways. Just wipe any excess away (too much deters them, just a thin line is fine). Now large quantities are poisonous to animals and babies but I think you have to eat a lot to be harmful.

I put some down last year and it kept them away for a whole year. It takes about 1-2 weeks for it to take effect and than its only an annual thing. Cheap too. I paid less than 3 dollars for a nice sized container.

I read some where that cut a piece banana pealing place in a baby food jar and put vasaline around the top part of the jar and a little on the inside roachs go in there and can not get out also heard they do not like cucumber pealing

We let you know the web site for cockroach repllent products for you.

http://krkintel.blogspot.com/

Home and Garden Pest Control CockroachesJune 10, 2007
Bees
Homemade Bee Repellents
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Photo of foodready to compost.
Mother Nature's Best Fertilizers and Bug Repellents
Homemade Insect Repellents
Homemade Natural Insect Repellents
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:48:51 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.