Removing Rust Stains From Fabric

How do you remove rust from the neck of a white shirt? The hanger it was on in the closet broke and rust from the metal part got on the neck of my white Sunday shirt.

By Earl from Moriarty, NM

Pour lemon juice on the rust spot and allow the shirt to sit in direct sunlight for at least 20 minutes. Rinse and launder as usual. Repeat if necessary.

November 8, 2010 Flag

How do I remove an iron pin stain from material? The pin was left in some material for a long time and it has left a brown stain on white/cream cloth. Thank you.

By Mary from London, UK

Answers:

Removing Rust Stains From Fabric

If you can find a product where you live that is called "Whink," it works like magic. Rust just disappears on contact. (06/22/2010)

By Laniegirl

June 21, 2010 Flag

We have rust stains on the inside of the canvas on our tent trailer. Is there a way to remove them? Thank you.

By Vickie from Red Bluff, CA

Answers:

Removing Rust Stains From Fabric

Vinegar should take it off, may take a few times, good luck. (11/18/2009)

By kffrmw88

November 17, 2009 Flag

I hand washed a pair of light colored pants, and when I went to hang them up to dry there were rust marks on the back of them from the hook and eye I sewed on. Can you tell me how to get those stains off?

Marguerite from Lowellville, Ohio

Answers:

Removing Rust Stains From Fabric

Use something with oxalic acid in it, such as powdered Zud cleaner (found with Comet and those type of cleaners), make a small paste and keep doing that, it should get the stains out. Test a small area first, and wear rubber gloves to protect your skin. Zud removes rust stains from bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Sometimes you have to let it sit on the stain for a few minutes. (06/29/2007)

By Roberta

Removing Rust Stains From Fabric

Lemon juice and salt removes rust from fabric. Set it in the sun to dry. (06/29/2007)

By siris

Removing Rust Stains From Fabric

Yep, lemon juice and salt. Squeeze lots of lemon and add salt, then more lemon to make a paste. Set it out in the bright sun to dry. It should come off. I have done this MANY times, and it has always worked. (06/29/2007)

By Andjerm

Removing Rust Stains From Fabric

All of the above, or CLR. It's a product found in hardware stores and is environmentally friendly. It removes rust stains and lime or calcium deposits, ie: kettles and shower heads. I have been told that it's good for descaling old engines that have rust and other crud in the blocks etc. (06/29/2007)

By Brent nz

Removing Rust Stains From Fabric

I have had several items come out of my washer lately with what appears to be rust stains. ZUD mixed with water rubbed in has done the job so far. (07/01/2007)

By dede

Removing Rust Stains From Fabric

There is a product called Carbona. You can get the specific solution for the specific stain. I buy it at JoAnn Fabrics in the notion dept. Some grocery stores have it. It works. (07/02/2007)

By Rasta

Removing Rust Stains From Fabric

There used to be a wonderful product called Rusti-ban on the market, but I cannot find it at the present. You simply dripped a few drops of the liquid on the rust marks, and they disappeared within seconds! (10/06/2007)

By Cathy from Townsville, QLD

rusty tools
Removing Rust Stains from Fabric and Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning RustNovember 8, 2010
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎉
🎄