Getting Old Joke

I've sure gotten old! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees; fought prostate cancer and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts with dementia. Have poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92. Have lost all my friends. But, thank God, I still have my driver's license!

By Terri from NV

That's frighteningly true. Seniors should have to do road tests every year.

That thought is not funny at all. I've experienced having to take a drivers lincense (through my state capital) from a elderly loved one. It hurt me, but, it would hurt alot worse if I let it go, and someone was killed. Riding with a senior citizen who is not able to handle himself is a night mare. More folks need to take responsiblity, and contact your lincense bureau in your area, they will give you the number and/or address to contact to remove the lincense. And most of the time , you don't have to be known to the person. They just get a letter of explanation (without your name), or that is the way it is done in KY. Lives may depend on your decision, including the life of your elderly friend or loved one.

I don't think that older people cause anymore accidents than teenagers. Before you take away their drivers license, remember that someday they will take your license away from you.

A few years ago, my Mom decided to no longer drive. The important thing to remember is your loved one still needs to attend church, shop, have medical and beauty parlor appointments. Make sure those needs are not forgotten. Because elders do not have the stamina, do not anticipate doing all those things one day a week. Remind yourself that you will be in this situation one day and need those rides yourself.

That is too funny. I will have to send it to my mom and dad. Love it.

Tonya

Entertainment JokesJune 14, 2006
Shin Jokes
Shin Jokes
cartoon giraffe
Giraffe Jokes
Buying Gas
Buying Gas Jokes
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🎄