Buying Lamp Oil in Bulk and Inexpensively

Where can I buy lamp oil in bulk, inexpensively? I want to cut down on my electric bill.

By Joyce from Columbus, OH

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Try looking at Tractor Supply for your lamp oil. Please remember to use caution while burning these lamps. I don't blame you for wanting to cut back on electric. Another idea is to hang your wash on a wooden drying wrack during the winter and on the line outside in the summer. By doing this for just 1month I cut our usage by 1000kw. So imagine what an entire year can do. Good luck.

If you are using the fuel in an oil lamp, you will want to purchase a fuel with a flash point between 124 and 150 degrees fahrenheit. This will ensure the best light and it will not gum up the wick. Firefly Fuel sells bulk fuel (5 - 5,500 gallons) with no odor at a good price. It has a flash point of 142 degrees.

Budget & Finance UtilitiesJuly 31, 2010
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Adult Diapers
Buying Adult Diapers in Bulk
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Old Oil Lamp
Disposing of Lamp Oil Properly
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:14:10 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.