Coffee Filter Turkey
Use unbleached coffee filters as a craft for kids around Thanksgiving.
Approximate Time 20-30 minutes depending on age
- 2 unbleached coffee filters
- glue stick
- brown paper
- red paper
- orange paper
- black pen
- optional: small googly eyed stickers
- Sketch a bowling pin or spoon shape from the paper bag or brown paper for turkey head and neck and cut this shape out.
- Sketch turkey wattle from red paper as shown and cut out.
- Sketch a beak from orange paper and draw a line as shown. Older kids can experiment with different beaks (using two triangular pieces of orange paper, you can create a 3-D beak, as in the last photo).
- Turn coffee filter upside down so the flat round portion is facing you. Fold 1/3 of an edge of the bottom over and turn the filter over so the pleated edges nest inside each other.
- Cut a small half circle of brown paper, about 1.5 inches tall. Glue to the front of the neck with straight edge on the bottom lined up with 1/4-1/5 inches above bottom of neck.
- Glue googley eyes to head or draw eyes on.
- Glue your beak and wattle to the head.
- Fold 1/4-1/2 inch over the bottom straight edge of head/neck piece. Glue the folded over edge of your neck to the flat small portion of the filter that is nesting inside the other.
- Fill inside of coffee filter with some treats or write a name on the "body" of the turkey and use as a place setting.
By Mara from Seattle, WA
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
November 20, 20070 found this helpful
Great idea! Thank you so much for sharing this!:)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 8, 2016 at 9:46:04 PM on 10.0.1.111 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us