Coffee Filter Turkey
Use unbleached coffee filters as a craft for kids around Thanksgiving.
Approximate Time 20-30 minutes depending on age
- 2 unbleached coffee filters
- glue stick
- brown paper
- red paper
- orange paper
- black pen
- optional: small googly eyed stickers
- Sketch a bowling pin or spoon shape from the paper bag or brown paper for turkey head and neck and cut this shape out.
- Sketch turkey wattle from red paper as shown and cut out.
- Sketch a beak from orange paper and draw a line as shown. Older kids can experiment with different beaks (using two triangular pieces of orange paper, you can create a 3-D beak, as in the last photo).
- Turn coffee filter upside down so the flat round portion is facing you. Fold 1/3 of an edge of the bottom over and turn the filter over so the pleated edges nest inside each other.
- Cut a small half circle of brown paper, about 1.5 inches tall. Glue to the front of the neck with straight edge on the bottom lined up with 1/4-1/5 inches above bottom of neck.
- Glue googley eyes to head or draw eyes on.
- Glue your beak and wattle to the head.
- Fold 1/4-1/2 inch over the bottom straight edge of head/neck piece. Glue the folded over edge of your neck to the flat small portion of the filter that is nesting inside the other.
- Fill inside of coffee filter with some treats or write a name on the "body" of the turkey and use as a place setting.
By Mara from Seattle, WA
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
November 20, 20070 found this helpful
Great idea! Thank you so much for sharing this!:)
ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.
In This Article
More to Explore
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on June 14, 2016 at 11:34:33 AM on 10.0.1.31 in 911 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us