Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

20th Birthday Party Ideas

I want a very special birthday this year it's my Golden Birthday (20). Does anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks.

By MaKenzie from MN

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: 20th Birthday Party Ideas

I live in Edmonton and my best friend lives in Vancouver and I always end up planning her birthday parties, despite the distance. This February she is turning 20 and I don't know what to do. Any party themes, ideas or suggestions about 20th birthday parties would be sooooo appreciated.
Thank you!!!

lizz from Edmonton, Alberta

RE: 20th Birthday Party Ideas

Big blowup photo copy poster-size of $20 bill? (07/12/2007)

By kimhis

Archive: 20th Birthday Party Ideas

I need ideas for a 20 year old's birthday party. Her sister wants to do a surprise party for her, but I am not sure where. I thought about the park and that may be where we end up. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

Tracy from Waxahachie, TX

RE: 20th Birthday Party Ideas

You could always bring back memories by throwing an old school themed party. Things like photo banners and slide shows of her and friends could be hung up. As for food, serve snacks that you used to eat when you were kids (combos, Bagel bites, Twinkies, etc.).

In front of each snack, on a small folded piece of paper that stands up, write funny memories that may have something to do with the food it's in front of (e.g. "Hey Jen, remember when you dared me to eat a whole case of these [twinkies]? I got so sick!") Play music that was a big hit when you were in middle school, mixed in with some of the newer stuff, and Karaoke is always fun.

You could also do a red carpet themed party with lots of glitter, a plastic red carpet, and some cocktails. Feather boas and other little fancy details might make it more fun. You can designate one person, or a few on rotation to be your paparazzi for the night.

Some nice paper or real flowers might be nice at either party, so guests can put them in their hair, and nachos are always a good party snack to help bring people together. (08/17/2008)

Archive: 20th Birthday Party Ideas

I am turning 20 this coming month. I would like to throw a small party with some few friends and would like to have a dress code. It will be done in my house so the music is not going to be so loud. My budget is 600 pounds. Thank you.

By Asnath from Wood Green, London

RE: 20th Birthday Party Ideas

Since you are turning 20 tell everyone that the dress code is for something to wear that did not cost them over $20. Suggest that thrift stores or their mom's, grandmama's closet are a good place to start. Besides this, it adds nothing much to you or your guests budget. (02/26/2010)

By Judy