My Daughter's 11th Birthday Advice

My daughter is turning 11 on January 6 and we don't know what we are going to do for her party. She has already invited her friends for her previous parties to bowling, Chuck E. Cheese, Jungle, and home. There will be about 12 people and the budget is $200.

By Selena

Have a "unmake over" night. Instead trying to make each other beautiful, do an ugly, have them bring clothes they don't like wearing and do, an 'ugly fashion model". Have them make their own pizza with chef boy ar dee pizza kits (they have to clean up the mess), then have a movie and popcorn.

I took my 10, 13 & 15 yr old and two of there friends to FunCity. Sort of a Chuckee Cheese type place with more to do. See if there is one near you.

December 23, 2010 Flag

My daughters birthday is November 21st. She will be 11. I need ideas on a party! Last year we did the Night at the Awards Ceremony. I want to do something different but not boring! She wants to invite 8 people, possible sleepover?

Cari from California.

My Daughter's 11th Birthday Advice

What about a mini-spa/sleepover? A very"mature" fun thing-mani-pedicures for each other, make-up as elaborate as they like, fancy hairdos and "spa" food like iced herbal tea,mixed with juice maybe, finger sandwiches or roll-ups, even finger-type slices of pizza, veggie crudites and ranch dip. fruit on skewers, etc. A platter of mini-cupcakes instead of a big cake and ice cream in several flavors scooped with a 1 inch scoop. Do this the day before. Maybe a craft that involves making a jewelry or accessory item-maybe a fleece, no-sew scarf? (09/29/2005)

My Daughter's 11th Birthday Advice

For my daughter's 12th birthday we had a nice quality, plain white pillowcase for each guest, then the girls decorated their pillowcases with fabric paint, some had all the other girls sign them. I have seen these pillowcases various places over the years - on the band bus, at other sleepovers, etc. We were also in the process of repainting my daughter's bedroom and she had each guest put their hand print and autograph on the inside of the closet door. Another year we included on the invitation that we would have a wild house shoe contest - there were some pretty wild ones! That same year we also had nail painting contests with the girls doing each other's hair and nails. I had a few small prizes to hand out to the winners, as voted by the girls.

CJIrby AT (09/29/2005)

By Cindy Irby

My Daughter's 11th Birthday Advice

For my son's 13th birthday, we did a hide and seek for his present from us. He opened an empty box, read the riddle and he and his guests had to figure out the riddle then go find his present (next riddle). We had about 8 riddles for him to find and all of his guests enjoyed it. One kid almost wet himself, he was so into it. Really! (09/29/2005)

By Jean in GA

My Daughter's 11th Birthday Advice

How about a cooking party? The girls, with your supervision, if necessary, can make cookies, her own b-day cake?, pigs in a blanket, whatever they want to eat for party and maybe for breakfast if it is a sleepover. My pigs in a blanket: I cut a package of jumbo size hot dogs in half, take two packs of crescent rolls, wrap a crescent roll around each half hot dog and bake according to roll directions. (09/29/2005)

By Linda

My Daughter's 11th Birthday Advice

When I was that age, I had a magic party sleepover. I was into magic tricks and one friend was my "assistant". You could get a book for beginning tricks at the library and she can enlist each friend to be the assistant for one trick each. They can practice beforehand but not tell the others that everyone is doing it! Lots of crafts come to mind with this theme. Good luck! (09/29/2005)

By Pigsoouie

My Daughter's 11th Birthday Advice

For my daughter's 11th birthday party we did a full blown murder mystery/sleepover. We decorated our bonus room up stairs like a crime scene (body outline made of duct tape, crime scene tape, my husband was an investigator, etc.) and had each one of the suspects (a.k.a. guests) fingerprinted and a mugshot shot was taken of each of them! it was so fun and people still talk about it! (10/12/2005)

By no name

My Daughter's 11th Birthday Advice

I love the murder mystery idea but how would they find out who it was and would the parents/hosts know before hand who the murderer would be? (01/03/2006)

By soccerstar101

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayDecember 23, 2010
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Mother Daughter Tea
Planning a Mother Daughter Tea
15th Birthday Party
15th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
A birthday cake with the number 11 on it.
11th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls