Knife Holder Using Bamboo Skewers

contest winner icon

Such a perfectly simple way to build a cheap knife-rack and you can size it to fit anywhere on any counter top.Plan the size you wish. You can have the lumber pieces sawed to size at Lowe's or Home Depot cheaply. Consider the length of the skewers in your plan when determining height then buy enough of them to fill up the 'box'. Any knife you own can be inserted in it so easily. Never a worry about blades getting dull. I'd say it's pretty much a perfect design.

By tomatohanger from Canton, OH

What a crafty idea. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Tomatohanger, you rock! What a great idea! I admired a knife block in a catalog (or maybe online) that was the same idea but used thin wires, I believe, where you used skewers; the thing was around $100 or more. I bought bamboo skewers recently for $2 per 100 & I bet they can be found even cheaper than that. Now I know I can have a knife block like the one I saw, for just a few bucks. Good thinking! Thanks for sharing your idea.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Well, Chuckie, you've already won the contest, and the thumbs up still continue to mount. That's what you get for submitting one of the best tips yet! Yo smokin' my man.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
Organizing KitchenMarch 30, 2011
Electric Knife
Using an Electric Knife
Bamboo
Selling Bamboo
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"
Magnetic Knife Holder
Making a Magnetic Knife Holder
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 8:31:49 PM on 10.0.1.154 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.