Mower Starts But Dies When Put in Gear

I have a Murray model 405000X8 13.5HP riding mower. It starts fine, but when I put it in gear to go forward or reverse it dies. It also dies when I turn the mower blade on. It sounds like a kill switch problem. Thanks for your help.

By Walt

Our John Deere mower does this too. We charge the battery and away we go. Seems like it doesn't have enough umpf to do anything else but start. Try it, won't hurt.

Michelle's answer sorted this problem for me. Many thanks

When you engage the mower or the gears the engine rpm should go up if that does not happened it could be the governor or the speed advanced module,most likely the module

I have a Murray model 46573x92 riding mower. It starts but dies when I put in gear

My mower wae doing the same thing found the safety switch underneath seat was unplug plugged it in now everything a okay

Riding Mower
Riding Mower Dies When Put in Gear
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersJune 2, 2011
Riding Lawn Mower
Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower
Mowing With Weed Wacker
Mowing a Lawn Without a Mower
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
A man winterizing his lawnmower.
Winterizing a Gas-Powered Lawn Mower
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 10:40:30 AM on 10.0.1.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.