Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Decorating for a School Banquet

Schools hold banquets for a variety of occasions. Each of these call for specific decorations to enhance the event. This is a guide about decorating for a school banquet.

February 21, 2008 Flag

I am decorating for my sons school banquet and the hall will not allow us to attach anything to the wall or ceiling. We want to hang a backdrop behind a display that stands 9 feet tall. Any ideas?

Jerri from Detroit, MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I use a background stand as a photographer. It is 2 metal light stands on each side and a long bar between them. If you have a photographer friend, they may let you borrow one. The background bar looks like it would be simply to make out of pvc pipes and you can use a portable clothes rack on each side for the stands or something like that. I attach the background with clamps I bought from Home Depot. My stand goes up to 10 feet and is about 10 feet long.

Best Answer

Make a frame out of PVC pipe from the hardware store. It is lightweight, but sturdy enough to hold a curtain. Good luck!

Best Answer

Thanks so much for the ideas. They have been a great help

You could try 'starching' it to the wall, you just moisten it to peel it off.

January 4, 2005 Flag

I am trying to come up with inexpensive centerpiece ideas for a collegiate gymnastics banquet. Time is a consideration as the banquet is in two days. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Jenilee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Try a basket (size determined by need), most of us have several laying around. Add a foam cube and stick in fake flowers. Or use a handled basket and put a small live plant in each side. Ribbons, fabric, or tissue paper could be used to fill in with color.

Best Answer

There are sports "eggs" sold at the store. You can put the eggs in a basket. The "eggs" are football, basketball, and volleyball plastic "eggs". I thought it was cute.

I'm in the process of planning a highschool athletic banquet, and it is just an idea. I'm not in charge of decorations tho. I am in charge of the food... which I am planning to have taco salad.

I would use quotes on folded over index cards - the biggest size - of famous athletes or coaches - on both sizes so that they can be read by all. Place on a piece of cloth or napkin with an athletic print or school colors on it...use pinking shears to cut cloth in a square - no sewing needed. Then I would add some kind of item to go with the card - kid's new tennis shoes, small balls, etc. Quick and Easy - just pop it all in a laundry basket and set it up.

Get potted mums in school color or colors. Using stakes long enough to go into the soil, spear small toys indicating sports, balls of different types, bats, mitts and poke 1 or more of these into each pot. A florist can get you "pot covers" in solid color of your choice and these should be fairly cheap, or cover the pots with fabric that is color or sport themed

June 12, 2006 Flag

I am looking for ideas on how to decorate for a High School grad banquet. I thought maybe a garden Party but would love some decorating ideas if anyone has them.

Thanks,

Bruneyes from Nova Scotia

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

ask parents for pictures (photcopies would work and you would have to return them) of their kids from kindergarten through graduation. scatter them throughout your "garden" if this is a high school graduation most of the kids will have been together for several years. make placemats out of newpaper events that have happened in their school years. hang a paper banner for all the kids to write their favorite year-teacher-class-whatever. you will be surprised how memories effect high school age kids. they can be quite emotional.

Best Answer

Thanks a bunch-they all sound GREAT to me..wow never thought of those ideas- we are doing a DVd that night of all the kids with pictures throught out the years-with music etc

think I will do a tent inside too with mini lights-grossmar etc from ceiling and flowers everywhere

A casual backyard event usually works great for a high school graduation party. Kids love to get together and just talk- so remember not to overdo the planned activities. Combine some active events like "pin the crazy hair on the teacher" to signing each other's t-shirts (bring a white t-shirt and take home as a keepsake).

Dee

http://www.fun-  -party-idea.html

March 23, 2012 Flag

I am decorating for a Junior Senior banquet and need some decorating ideas. Thank you!

By KimB

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

We are doing a theme just like our prom. "Around the World" and saying, "As we send our Seniors out into the World..." and using the same decorations and Dr. Seuses' Oh the places you will go!

I am doing the same. If you get any ideas, let me know!

Basketball Awards Banquet

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains basketball awards banquet decoration ideas. It's fun to find an inexpensive, meaningful decorations for your player's event.

Athletic Banquet

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about athletic banquet centerpiece ideas. One of the considerations when planning an athletic banquet is the table centerpieces.

Holidays and Parties Parties DecorationsNovember 7, 2016
Fireman
Fireman's Banquet Decorations
Athletic Banquet
Athletic Banquet Centerpiece Ideas
cheerleaders holding up pons
Cheerleader Banquet Decoration Ideas
Basketball Awards Banquet
Basketball Awards Banquet Decoration Ideas
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 10:12:13 AM on 10.0.0.88 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.