High School Sports Banquet Decorations

Category Banquets
A teen female high school athlete wearing a letterman jacket.
When the season is done, it's nice to hold a banquet to celebrate the team and parents that helped along the way. Here are some ideas about high school sports banquet decorations.

There are numerous ideas you can begin with when deciding on the best centerpieces for your athletic banquet tables. This is a guide about high school football banquet centerpieces.

A football on grass.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for ideas to decorate for a high school baseball banquet.

Rhonda from Louisville, MS

Answers

Best Answer

The volleyball banquet that I hosted was in November - I went with a fall theme. I decorated the tables with burlap, white table clothes. Center pieces were white candes in glass holders. I sprinkled fall leaves as confetti on the tables. I had hay as my main display decorated with pumkins & white lights. The hightlight was a chocolate fountain...everyone went crazy!!!! Everything looked very elegant. Even the coach's were very impressed!! Also, as a gift to the coach the team pitched in to purchase a v-ball with the team picture on it and each girl signed the ball! It sure was a success!!

Best Answer

Checkout chairgowns.com for very frugal and colorful dance floor, columns, chair and table decorations.

I am planning a volleyball/soccer sports banquet. Any ideas on how to decorate the tables? I would like to incorporate an actual net as the table cloth but do not know quite how to pull it all together. Any suggestions?

Debbie From Gainesville, Florida

Answers:

RE:Sports Banquet Table Decorations

Since the net would make it hard to eat off the table without things falling through the holes, you could cover the net with a clear plastic table cloth. You can buy this by the yard at wal-mart or some fabric stores. you could also put pictures, news clippings or banners over the net and under the plastic. (10/09/2006)

By Carla Bledsoe

RE:Sports Banquet Table Decorations

On the table cloth idea, can get those decorating fishing nets (they have them at the beach) place a glass top or a clear table cloth over it. Voila! (10/12/2006)

By LRP

If anyone has any ideas for a Sports Banquet, please let me know.

Answers:

Decorating Ideas for a High School Sports Banquet.

I have created centerpieces using candles as bases. Glitter pipe cleaners of school colors were inserted into candle (I had to carve a little hole in each with steak knife). Styrofoam stars were spray painted to school colors and stuck on ends of pipe cleaners. Pipe cleaners were would in spirals and placed in between stars. Usually 3 stars per candle and 5 spirals. (09/20/2004)

By Cathy

One idea that our church does when honoring the graduates is to do a table with each participant bringing their pictures, awards and trophies, some will bring them framed, some won't. This gives each individual the chance to display their pictures and accomplishments. You may use this idea for your sports banquet. Good luck (04/07/2005)

By MamawKC

I purchased the large Hershey's candybars (cost .99 ea. on sale, 1.99 not on sale). Wrapped 2 per table - in school colors. I also purchased curling ribbon to tie bars together like a gift. Filled latex balloons (school colors) with helium. Tied 3 balloons (per table) with curling ribbon to the candy bars (about 3' off table). Gave centerpiece away at end of program to 1 'winner' per table. Also used small colored bags filled with candy in place of candy bars. (11/14/2005)

By XC Runner's Mom

We do a more formal banquet for the entire year. A nice way to add fresh flowers to your table is to go to any garden center and get a flower that is your school color, at least one color. For Example: Our colors are blue and gold. So I try to find a gold/yellow flower and maybe some white. Usually, they are pretty cheap, maybe .50-$1.00. Then purchase tissue paper and wrap it around they planter. In my case, I would buy blue paper and maybe a gold ribbon to tie onto it. These are really cute and you can give them away at the end of the night, and they can plant them in their own gardens at home. (05/02/2006)

By Maria