Choosing Paint Color To Coordinate With Terra Cotta Tile

My husband and I are repainting our bathroom and we are having a very difficult time choosing a color. We have terracotta tile on the floor, around the jacuzzi and on the floor in the shower. We have white wainscoting around the lower half of the wall. We cannot find a color that looks good with our scheme.

We have tried Colorado Clay and Navajo White and were unhappy with both. We have a dark walnut double sink and are looking for a deep rich color to complement everything. We do not want greens or reds though, we are looking for somewhat of a warm, neutral color (even a color in the terracotta family that is not too orange). Please help!

Melissa from NJ

I'm thinking a neutral peach, not too dark, might be nice with the terra cotta & white.

Maybe sienna

We've decorated with terra cotta tiles as we live close to Mexico. A shade of gold that's not too bright looks great with the tiles and dark wood. You can find pictures or towels with those colors and pick out a color from those for your accent. Good luck!

What about something in the blues and greys? I know you said you didn't like green, but a teal might be nice also, just remember to keep the hues the same temperature.

I recommend a medium-dark golden yellow.

If you look on the color wheel at the local paint store, you will find that primary blue and terra cotta work very well together. I scanned a shot of a blouse of mine, to show you how good the colors work together. Good luck!

I'm having the same issue, did you find one that works? And can you post a picture.

Thanks

I have known people that use a wedgewood blue color with terra cotta and it looks nice.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJuly 22, 2008
Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
Terra Cotta Pots
Cleaning Terra Cotta Pots
terra cotta flower pot person
Crafts Using Terra Cotta Flower Pots
Terra Cotta Pots
Saving Money on Terra Cotta Pots
🎉
🎄