Keeping Hot Wings Crispy

How do you keep your hot wings crisp and not soft after you put the sauce on it?

By Onesummer

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

Not to give bad news but even if you cook poultry to 'crispy' it just doesn't stay crispy unless eaten right out of the oven and once you place a sauce on it there's definitely no way for it to stay crispy even fresh from the oven unless eaten within a couple of minutes of placing the sauce on it. The only thing I can think of is to barely sprinkle with hot sauce before crispy baking and no butter and eating immediatly. Sorry -(

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By eve 18 136 10/02/2009

Most wings are fried first, here in the South and then covered with sauce. Eventually they will get soft but if you eat them right away, they will stay crispy this way.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kathryn Visser 18 115 10/02/2009

I was wondering if the chicken wings are grilled with barbeque sauce that has honey in it, perhaps the honey will carmalize on the wings, and possibly keep them crispy longer?

I remember some oriental pieces of chicken breast that had lemon and honey, and I think they were breaded somewhat too, and those were crispy, even with sauce. Just a thought anyway.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No