Use Good Thread When Quilting

I need some quilting advice. I want to start piecing a crazy quilt and need to know what type thread to use that will hold up. Thanks in advance for any info.

By Connie from OH

You use quilting thread. It's thicker than regular thread. Can be obtained at cloth and hobby supply stores. Ask for help from a store clerk if you need it.

September 8, 2010 Flag

I am about to start (try) making a quilt. Ive always wanted a patchwork quilt, but they are very rare or too expensive. I have measured all my squares, what's the best thread to use?

Any help would be really appreciated.

By Margaret from Glasgow, Scotland

Use Good Thread When Quilting

100% cotton thread. (07/18/2010)

By craftynana53

Use Good Thread When Quilting

The best kind of thread to use for making a quilt is quilting thread. It's stronger and heavier than regular sewing thread. I'm not sure if quilting thread will work in a sewing machine, you will have to ask someone about it. (07/18/2010)

Use Good Thread When Quilting

The "quilting thread" is used when you have completed the top, and are ready to "quilt" the top, batting, and backing together. You need to use a good strong thread to sew the squares together, just ask at any store's crafts department.
Best of luck to you! If you are able, please post a pic when it is done. (07/19/2010)

By fatboyslimsmom

By Magwi69

July 18, 2010 Flag

People who quilt or sew learn very quickly that cheap thread isn't worth taking home from the store. Going to a quilt store or a fabric shop is very educational when you ask the right questions. There are threads for a multitude of projects. I choose to use a thread called Sews All because it can be used on anything from satin to denim.

By Ardis

Crafts QuiltingSeptember 8, 2010
wooden thread spools
Craft Ideas for Thread Spools
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Red Sewing Thread
Crocheting With Sewing Thread