Permanent Ink Stain Out of a Silk or Satin Shirt

I would like to know how to get a permanent ink stain out of a silk or satin shirt. I do not know how long it has been there. Please help?

Katherine from California

Showing: Answers Sort

By Aleta Yeager 1 3 Flag

I know this will sound crazy, but try milk. I did years ago, and was amazed that it worked. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try using a little pinesol on the spot then rinse and if it is still there try again and rinse out .

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

please help""

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Catherine Somerville 1 13 Flag

Try inexpensive hair spray.......Aquanet works quite well. I am an RN and worked with white uniforms that frequently got stained with leaky pens....I am not sure about all fabrics but it worked on cotton and cotton/poly blends........can't hurt for you to try it on your garment

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Alexander 1 Flag

I found a wonderful product called Amodex Ink and Stain remover. It took a black sharpie ink stain out of my carpet and the product did not harm its original color! I've since used it on inks and other stains on my clothing and other fabrices. It was difficult to find in stores, but if you order directly from their website it arrives pretty quickly.

check out amodexink.com for ways to acquire the product

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I had a blue ink stain on my green silk shirt. I used a LIQUID HOLDING SPRAY. I Poured liquid Holding spray, On a cotton ball I lightly rubbed. The ink came right out. I then put a little hand soap, where the ink was. I rubbed a little. rinsed in cold water. Hung to dry. Garment looks great. The stain is completely gone.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I decided to go for the hairspray on my peach colored outfit with a black ink pen. Between two towels, lots of rubbing (the ink transers to the towels so be sure to reposition frequently to a clean area) and flooding the area of the stain I got out about 87% of the stain, not everything though but significantly lighter. Acceptable. No noticeable trace of the hairspray. I have hand washed the outfit, I think it will pass. Luckily it has a pattern on it and the stain won't stick out too much!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I had blue ink on a pink silk tie that was supposed to be dry cleaned only. At the suggestion of a co-worker, I tried isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and it worked great. I soaked a small portion of a clean white cotton hand towel and gently rubed the ink in a circular motion periodically changing to a new clean section of the hand towel. I then dried the tie on low heat with a hair dryer and it came out looking good as new. SUGGESTION: make a mark somewhere on the small back portion of the tie and test this solution first before tackling the problem and possibly further ruining/damaging your tie.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsOctober 3, 2005
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
A newspaper on a wood table.
Removing Newspaper Ink from Wood Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 9:25:14 AM on 10.0.1.6 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings