Gasoline Odor on Books

I acquired some books that had been stored in a garage and have a gasoline smell. Is there any way I can get rid of this odor?
Gerry Mason

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

A friend of mine told me that she puts a dryer sheet on the inside of books of hers that smelled musty and it took away the smell. Don't know if it would help with gasoline odors, but it's certainly worth a try!

Debbie from New Jersey

Sorry...but after the book will smell like perfume. I have multiple chemical sensitivity, so I know this one well.

Here is the process:

1. Neutralize as much of the odor as possible by cleaning the outside of the book with a solution of baking soda and water.

2. Seal the book in a plastic bag with several pieces of charcoal. Leave it in for a few days, or longer if needed. Make sure you do not use charcoal with lighter fluid.

Home and Garden Cleaning Books and PapersSeptember 6, 2005
Disposing of Old Gasoline, Red gas can.
Disposing of Old Gasoline
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:14:10 AM on 10.0.1.211 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.