Trap Dust At Air Vents

One day I noticed that you can follow the dust in my bedroom back to the air vent. I took two fresh dryer sheets, stapled them together, and covered the air vent with them using four refrigerator magnets. It catches much of the dust, so now I only dust about once a week or so, depending on how much the central air or heater is running.

By Leslie from Mesquite, TX

You might want to use cheesecloth instead. Air cannot pass through dryer sheets as well and might overtax your furnace motor.

When I had forced air heat, I had a duct cleaning service come in once and vacuum out the duct work. It made quite a difference, and then no vents had to be covered. No matter what you put over the vents, it will restrict the airflow somewhat.

I agree with the others. My husband is an HVAC man and you never want to restrict air flow too much. That's what dampers are for.

Well, the Bounce sheets flow away from the vent, so it does not restrict the flow, but it does direct it more downward. I've also heard from people that have had their ducts cleaned and said it wasn't worth the trouble or the money, plus the fact that I've been unemployed for a long time and can't afford it. I would have used cheesecloth covered with something semi-sticky like the Bounce sheets but didn't have cheesecloth and didn't know what to use on it. Thanks for the feedback.

Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Black Hair Dryer
Cleaning Your Hair Dryer
Man Changing Air Filter
Controlling Indoor Allergens
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality