Recycle Plastic Bags as Weed Block

I worked in the yard this week, and realized a great way to use the bags that mulch or soil come in, is to cut them up and use them as weed blocking plastic. I dumped the mulch into a large storage bin that I had outside, cut up the plastic, laid it out and then covered with the mulch. As the weeds have taken over this past year, this will be a lot of help.

I also used some pet food and litter bags this week as weed blocking plastic. Just pulled the bulk of the weeds, laid down the bags (with the bottoms cut out and opened), and covered with mulch.

By hoptownracer1 from USA

Will this type of plastic allow water to get through?

Stab holes all over it with a garden fork to let water through or the soil will get very sour underneath. Even then I would treat it as a temporary measure. Best of luck. Marg from England.

Blue Shopping Plastic Bag
Reusing Plastic Bags
Home and Garden Gardening WeedsApril 22, 2010
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed