Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
killing weeds

After using vinegar to get rid of weeds, you are ready to plant. This is a guide about planting after killing weeds with vinegar.

Here are questions related to Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar.

Question: Using Vinegar Weed Control Around Pecan Trees

We have pecan trees, and the ground is loaded with dandelions, can I use the vinegar water recipe in that area?

By rjgearhart2011@aol.com

Question: Replanting Grass After Killing Weeds with Vinegar

How long after using vinegar to kill weeds can you replant lawns?

By Theresa b

Most Recent Answer

By susan [5]05/16/2013

Unfortunately, if you used lots of vinegar, it can render your soil sterile for several years, so nothing will grow in it for a long time. It really should only be used where you don't chose to have anything grow, like cracks in sidewalks, between stepping stones, etc. If you use it to kill weeds, just sprinkle/spray it on the weeds and don't pour it onto the soil. Vinegar breaks down the soil structure, kills beneficial microorganisms, and should be used with caution.

Question: Planting Vegetables After Killing Weeds With Vinegar

How long does apple cider vinegar stay active in soil, so that you can plant vegetables like asparagus?

By Den

Question: Planting Seeds After Using Vinegar for Weeds

I was looking for a weed killer that would kill a grass like weed, but it is not grass. I found this homemade recipe:

• 1 gallon of distilled vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap

I honestly don't know what to do. This weed is everywhere this year - all over my neighbor's yard and in different parts of town. It's invasive and is starting to edge into my little patch of lawn. I want to get rid of it and plant some wildflowers and wild grass seed.

I reread some of the comments, I am now concerned that the vinegar will stay in the soil way longer than the time frame I need. How long do I need to wait after application to plant seeds in the same area?

Thanks!

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By Mindy

Solutions: Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!