Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar

After using vinegar to get rid of weeds, you are ready to plant. This is a guide about planting after killing weeds with vinegar.

May 10, 2013 Flag

How long after using vinegar to kill weeds can you replant lawns?

By Theresa b

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Unfortunately, if you used lots of vinegar, it can render your soil sterile for several years, so nothing will grow in it for a long time. It really should only be used where you don't chose to have anything grow, like cracks in sidewalks, between stepping stones, etc. If you use it to kill weeds, just sprinkle/spray it on the weeds and don't pour it onto the soil. Vinegar breaks down the soil structure, kills beneficial microorganisms, and should be used with caution.

May 12, 2012 Flag

I have sprayed straight vinegar on weeds (area 10 ft X 16ft). They're all dead. I will rake. What's the next step for a lawn? Can I add quality topsoil and seed after 4-5 days? Do I water it to clear the vinegar? How soon can I start work on new lawns?

By Denise L

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

After the 5 - 6 day wait the vinegar will have evaporated. If your soil is loose rather than compacted Just put a not too thick layer of good topsoil and a little compost mix on top of the area. Rake it in then plant the seed as instructed. If your soil is compacted you will want to till it some first to loosen it up then add the topsoil and compost. There are light weight composts out there. I'm not talking about the heavy treebark kind.

March 25, 2014 Flag

We have pecan trees, and the ground is loaded with dandelions, can I use the vinegar water recipe in that area?

By rjgearhart2011@aol.com

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 21, 2013 Flag

How long does apple cider vinegar stay active in soil, so that you can plant vegetables like asparagus?

By Den

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 7, 2011 Flag

How long after you use vinegar can you plant grass?

By Allan B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 6, 2011 Flag

I was looking for a weed killer that would kill a grass like weed, but it is not grass. I found this homemade recipe:

I honestly don't know what to do. This weed is everywhere this year - all over my neighbor's yard and in different parts of town. It's invasive and is starting to edge into my little patch of lawn. I want to get rid of it and plant some wildflowers and wild grass seed.

I reread some of the comments, I am now concerned that the vinegar will stay in the soil way longer than the time frame I need. How long do I need to wait after application to plant seeds in the same area?

Thanks!

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By Mindy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening WeedsMarch 23, 2013
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
A nicely planted organic vegetable garden.
Preventing Weeds When Planting Your Garden
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:46:21 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.