Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar

After using vinegar to get rid of weeds, you are ready to plant. This is a guide about planting after killing weeds with vinegar.

killing weeds
Filter Sort

Question: Replanting Grass After Killing Weeds with Vinegar

How long after using vinegar to kill weeds can you replant lawns?

By Theresa b

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By susan 8 1,368 Flag

Unfortunately, if you used lots of vinegar, it can render your soil sterile for several years, so nothing will grow in it for a long time. It really should only be used where you don't chose to have anything grow, like cracks in sidewalks, between stepping stones, etc. If you use it to kill weeds, just sprinkle/spray it on the weeds and don't pour it onto the soil. Vinegar breaks down the soil structure, kills beneficial microorganisms, and should be used with caution.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Using Vinegar Weed Control Around Pecan Trees

We have pecan trees, and the ground is loaded with dandelions, can I use the vinegar water recipe in that area?

By rjgearhart2011@aol.com

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Planting Vegetables After Killing Weeds With Vinegar

How long does apple cider vinegar stay active in soil, so that you can plant vegetables like asparagus?

By Den

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Planting Seeds After Using Vinegar for Weeds

By mindy 109 38

I was looking for a weed killer that would kill a grass like weed, but it is not grass. I found this homemade recipe:

• 1 gallon of distilled vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap

I honestly don't know what to do. This weed is everywhere this year - all over my neighbor's yard and in different parts of town. It's invasive and is starting to edge into my little patch of lawn. I want to get rid of it and plant some wildflowers and wild grass seed.

I reread some of the comments, I am now concerned that the vinegar will stay in the soil way longer than the time frame I need. How long do I need to wait after application to plant seeds in the same area?

Thanks!

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By Mindy

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsMarch 23, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
A nicely planted organic vegetable garden.
Preventing Weeds When Planting Your Garden
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:46:14 AM on 10.0.1.182 in 934 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings