Internet TipsComputers

Use Paragraphs When Writing Online

Break up your sentences to form paragraphs to make recipes or any type of written information easier to read. After typing a few sentence, skip a line and start typing more sentences.

At times I will not read a typed article if there are no breaks in the sentences. If I try to read it, I will strain my eyes. Since I am getting older, this happens quite a lot.

Reading on a computer can be difficult at times for some people. It is not only the size and format of the font but sometimes how it is laid out. Some of the prints are such pretty bright colors, but this will also make it difficult to read.

It is a good idea, to take frequent breaks when on the computer. Just looking away, while closing your eyes, for a minute or two will help. Time on computer seems to go by so fast. I for one, am guilty of this, but I try to take short breaks often.

Better yet, walk around and stretch while taking a short break. You will feel much better.

By mkymlp from NE PA

Very good advice.

I so agree with you! :)

Very good advice. Also, never, never use all CAPS! Caps are very difficult to read by almost everyone and it appears that you are "shouting" when using caps.

I sell now and then on eBay and it seems that too many sellers just cannot understand this and continue to use all caps.

Also, many spell checkers will not check all caps for misspelled words. (You can set some up to check caps.)

Paragraphs should be used whenever the thought or subject changes.

Amen! It is so difficult to read long stretches of text that I suspect many interesting and/or informative passages are skipped over by a majority of readers. It is a courtesy to the reader to break text into paragraphs, making the writing more readable.

The Purdue Online Writing Lab is one of many sites with more information on writing style. Here is what it has to say about paragraphs: http://owl.engl  resource/606/01/

Yeah!