Freezing Oranges

How do you freeze oranges?

Eleanor from Connecticut

Best Answer

I've never frozen oranges, but I often freeze lemons, so I guess it would be pretty much the same. I freeze lemons by just sticking them in the freezer whole. When you need a lemon (or orange) put it/them in the microwave for about 30 seconds or so on high or just leave out to thaw.

Donna

Best Answer

I used to peel and section oranges and lay flat in a sealed baggie to freeze. In the summer, I would give my grandchildren frozen orange sections instead of popsicles. They loved them and it was a lot healthier for them. Make sure they are seedless.

Peel, section, put sections flat in ziplock bag and freeze. This works very well.

Pile of Frozen Oranges
Freezing Oranges
Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesDecember 14, 2006
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
Storing Oranges, Canning Oranges, A bunch of bright round oranges.
Canning Oranges
Storing Oranges
Blood Oranges on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Blood Oranges
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 4:21:13 PM on 10.0.2.64 in 885 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.