What Can I Use in Place of a Broken Glove Compartment Door?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what can be put in front of a glove compartment when the door is broken beyond repair and has been thrown away? I've looked for some kind of netting that can be put up to keep items from falling out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By Brandi

I would do exactly that using velcro; put some with glue around where it is going to go; and then also on the netting or material.

You didn't mention if the old door could be replaced with a new door. If so, visit an auto junk yard to see if they can locate one from their wrecked car inventory. May not be the same color.

I would get a plastic container with a hinged lid that would slide in to the opening and keep my stuff in there. Put it in sideways, so the hinged lid closes upwards like the old door. A baby wipes container fits into our glove compartment perfectly!

I suggest a replacement door. Go online to EBAY and enter your information, type of auto, make, etc. and they will locate a new door for you or used one. Very inexpensive. I just got 3 nobs for my AC unit which broke on my car for $6.00. Good luck. Blessings, Connie.

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceNovember 13, 2010
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Glove Compartment
Organizing Your Car's Glove Compartment
Fixing a Shower Door Latch
Fixing a Shower Door Latch
A baseball glove with a baseball.
Breaking in a Baseball Glove
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 4:32:38 PM on 10.0.0.134 in 582 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.