Organizing Your Car's Glove Compartment

I was in Girl Scouts and the Leader for two troops that my daughters were in. I was taught first and foremost to be prepared. I have for many years now been keeping a twenty dollar bill in my glove compartment for minor emergencies.

Each time one on the children bought a car, I told them to be sure and put twenty dollars in the glove compartment just in case something happened and they needed a ready flow of cash. So every once in a while, one of the children will call and say, "Mom, I am sure glad you taught me to put twenty dollars in the glove compartment. I really needed gas and the station I got to didn't take anything but cash." When they used the twenty, they'd always be sure to add it back into the glove compartment just in case another emergency arose.

It feels good to know that you have a little security in your car in cases of emergency.

By gem from VA

7 More Solutions

I keep a folder in my glove box. It's one of those that's made to hold checks, only it's a little bigger than the usual ones. Also, it's made from a nylon type of fabric, not cheap plastic, so it lasts a long time.

There are so many things that we need to keep handy in our car glove compartments, and it doesn't take long for it to become so packed with stuff that we can't find anything! I have been able to keep mine organized for years now very easily.

Since I am in and out of the car often and have a messy toddler, I have made it a habit to grab some paper towels out of the window wash station at the gas station and store them in my glove box while my gas is pumping. I have thanked myself later when I needed to use them!

Keep a crossword puzzle (or another fun book) in the glove box of your car! My husband and I go for little drives in the car and sometimes he'll stop someplace to pay a bill or whatever.

When my children were young and we would travel in the car I would always have paper, crayons, etc. in the car so they would not get bored. I would take the plastic grocery bags flatten them out and then roll then up so they would be about the size of a cigarette lighter. Tie them with a twist tie and keep them in the glove compartment. So when we were traveling and the kids had a huge mess we would stop at a road side rest gather up the mess and throw it away. The kids then had more room to make more fun, and of course more mess. Kept them quiet. By Claudia

I keep a calendar in my car. I jot down due dates for library books, videos, doctor appointments, etc. I check it before I pull out of the driveway each morning.

Here are some items that you can put in your glove box and save time and money.

Organizing AutoApril 25, 2013
🐛
🍀
🐰
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Organizing-Your-Cars-Glove-Compartment.html