Lemon Juice for Stretch Marks?

I'm 20 years old and a mother of two and one more on the way. I've had stretch marks since my first child and I didn't really mind because they were the light ones. But now that I'm pregnant with my third, I have these dark ones showing all over, even on my legs.

I keep telling myself that it's OK because I'm pregnant, but lately I'm getting more and more self conscious about them. I'm embarrassed to wear shorts. Someone said lemon juice works to remove them. Does lemon juice really work?

By aLLy

Showing: Answers Sort

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

I am quite sure lemon juice will do nothing for stretch marks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Melissa 3 4 Flag

When I was pregnant with my son, I used Palmer's cocoa butter for stretch marks. I lathered up the areas prone to stretch marks (breasts, thighs, love handles, and especially the stomach) twice a day. I made it through my entire pregnancy with no stretch marks, and the ones I already had before becoming pregnant, got lightened to the point where you couldn't see them unless you were looking ultra hard for them!

Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Deanj 917 Flag

Some ladies have told me that they used Cocoa Butter to reduce stretch marks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132 Flag

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& ... amp;aql=f&oq=lemon+juice+for+str

Here is the google search. Be careful however, as expensive creams are a waste of money. At least, that is what Dr. Oz says, as they are tears under the skin, not of the skin. He says little will help. I am kind of on the fence, so who knows. I hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Connie P. 26 71 Flag

I used a product called "mother's friend" which is available at most drug stores over the counter. It helped my stretch marks when I was pregnant. Not very expensive either. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Nancy 6 37 Flag

I suggest using aloe in the morning and vitamin E oil at night. Pure!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Aybur 1 Flag

My aunt, who is a nurse, told me about bio oil and it seems to be working for me. just put it on a couple times a day like when you wake up and before you go to bed and after a couple months it will be gone they say to start use of it within your first trimester of pregnancy. I didn't until my third. Mine were deep and dark, and the bio oil is helping.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Remedies for Stretch Marks
Previous
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Stretch MarksMay 26, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Remedies for Stretch Marks
Preventing Stretch Marks
new shoes
Homemade Liquid Shoe Stretch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:21:45 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings