Tiny Red Bugs in Cupboards

I have seen these tiny red bugs in boxes of pasta, counter tops, cooking pots and pans, and even on top of the refrigerator. Where do they come from? How can I control them? My wife can't eat or sleep. (Arachnaphobia) What shall I do? - Patrick

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By (Guest Post) 12/14/2004

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 9 2,498 12/15/2004

1st thing you have to do is have the bugs identified. Take a few & put them in a baggy & bring them to an exterminator who will identify the bug for you. He can then suggest what you can do about it.

Hope this helps you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Terri (Guest Post) 09/10/2006

I found some, I believe they are beetles and can only be eradicated by removing all dry goods from your cabients and wiping with soap and water and vacuum.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 03/15/2008

I have found many in my cupboard and it's irritating. I found loads and loads of them in a box where there was dried soya kept. I see less of them now and a good clean of the cupboard should help.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By michelle 1 06/18/2009

When someone finds out what these things really are please let me know. They aren't any kind of weevil or bug I've ever seen until I moved to this small town.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By melodyrutledge 1 02/16/2015

I found a bunch yesterday cleaning under my pasta cabinet. What to do?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No