Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Tiny Red Bugs in Cupboards

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I have seen these tiny red bugs in boxes of pasta, counter tops, cooking pots and pans, and even on top of the refrigerator. Where do they come from? How can I control them? My wife can't eat or sleep. (Arachnaphobia) What shall I do? - Patrick

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By (Guest Post) 12/14/2004 Flag

Weevils

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 9 2,498 12/15/2004 Flag

1st thing you have to do is have the bugs identified. Take a few & put them in a baggy & bring them to an exterminator who will identify the bug for you. He can then suggest what you can do about it.

Hope this helps you.
joesgirl

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Terri (Guest Post) 09/10/2006 Flag

I found some, I believe they are beetles and can only be eradicated by removing all dry goods from your cabients and wiping with soap and water and vacuum.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 03/15/2008 Flag

I have found many in my cupboard and it's irritating. I found loads and loads of them in a box where there was dried soya kept. I see less of them now and a good clean of the cupboard should help.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By michelle 1 06/18/2009 Flag

When someone finds out what these things really are please let me know. They aren't any kind of weevil or bug I've ever seen until I moved to this small town.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By melodyrutledge 1 02/16/2015 Flag

I found a bunch yesterday cleaning under my pasta cabinet. What to do?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes