CD Spinners

Kids will enjoy playing with these tops made from recycled CDs or DVDs. They also make great party favors.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

• old CD or DVD
  • large shooter marble
  • hot glue gun and glue sticks
  • markers
  • scissors
  • white cardstock
  • pencil
  • plastic bottle cap

Trace around the CD onto cardstock to create a large circle. Draw a design onto the circle and color it in with markers. Glue circle onto top side of CD.

Glue a large shooter marble into the hole on the back side of the CD.

For the handle, glue a plastic bottle cap to the center top of the CD. Make sure glue is completely dry before spinning it.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

That is so cute! You could add dollar amounts to the wedges, to make a Wheel Of Fortune wheel!

This is so cute. I can imagine playing games with this, or just spinning it for fun. I love tops!

Wow, I love it, great idea!! My young daughter and I would have so much fun making some! Thanks!

Lose the cardboard and the markers and use paint on top of CD. Just a suggestion. I have painted the tops of mine with other projects.

That's a great idea since there's a whole lot scratched cd's and dvd's in the world.

CD Spinner Top
Making CD Spinners
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJuly 22, 2010